Individual results may vary. The statements on this website and all affiliates have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products mentioned on this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and do not replace medical advice. Advice on treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a physician or trained health care practitioner who has examined that patient or is familiar with that patient’s medical history.
slumberBUMP™ and its affiliates urge you to consult with a qualified health care provider to discuss both the advantages and risks of using its products and for answers to your personal questions.
Positional Therapy Research
Below are listed links to peer-reviewed articles discussing the effectiveness of positional sleep therapy.
- Are we missing a simple treatment for most adult sleep apnea patients? The avoidance of the supine sleep position.
- Sleep-disordered breathing in pregnancy: a review of the physiology and potential role for positional therapy.
- Advances in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
- Effect of body position and sleep state on obstructive sleep apnea severity in children with Down syndrome.
- Positional obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
- The high dependency of supine position in obstructive sleep apnea.
- Supine sleep and positional sleep apnea after acute ischemic stroke and intracerebral hemorrhage.
- Study of the relationship between sleep body posture, sleep phase and severity of obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome.
- The sleep position trainer: a new treatment for positional obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Comparison of positional therapy versus continuous positive airway pressure in patients with positional obstructive sleep apnea: a meta-analysis of randomized trials.